Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Stretching - It Works!

I have many overdue entries to post in here from the past few weeks, but just a quick one for now...


Today's lesson is to never underestimate the power of stretching!


I am regretting my decision to not stretch after a 90 minute spin yesterday.  It was a tough spin -- 10 minutes in Z3, recover, repeat 5 times, and then 30/30s at the end.  Plus a short run.  It was late.  I wanted to get dinner started.  I said, "I'll stretch later" and never did get around to it.  I'm paying for it today.  I wanted to tell Coach Dave how I'm feeling.  But he ran 73 miles in the mountains over the past three days as part of the Western States training run.  My soreness is nothing compared to his.  Plus, it's my fault for not stretching.  So I'll own this one.  And, remind myself no matter how busy I think I am, to just take five minutes sometime before the day ends to pull on those muscles.  

1 comment:

  1. I really *ought* to get up in the middle of my meetings today and stretch my achilles and hips. I suppose that means I'll be doing it in my cube instead. Shoulda done it yesterday...

    ReplyDelete