Saturday, June 2, 2012

Maintaining

This morning, Nick and I did a lactic threshold test on the Computrainer at Coach Dave's house.  As I was warming up, I told him that in 20 years when he is coaching full time, he is always going to remember "that one girl" who didn't train and whose LT worsened under his coaching.  I didn't remember all my stats from last year, but I was pretty sure I topped out at the same wattage.  Dave went to his computer and came back and said my threshold is either exactly the same or one heartbeat higher than last August when we did the test.  I was ecstatic.  That means I have hopefully maintained my level of fitness since before IMAZ  despite my severe lack of training.  This also means Coach Dave knows how to give a busy girl efficient workouts!!!


I've been debating about whether or not I am capable of Vineman 70.3 and considering pulling out.  The work schedule, traveling, moving, merging and purging of households, rental property, wedding planning, etc. has just taken a toll on my ability to get the time in I need.  But knowing that I haven't specifically lost any fitness makes me hopeful that maybe I actually can do it....

No comments:

Post a Comment