Friday, June 15, 2012

IM Lake Tahoe

Today's big news was the announcement of Ironman Lake Tahoe -- September 23, 2013.  I would guess a lot of people will be coming out of retirement for this one.  The news is exciting -- a full distance Ironman in California!  There was discussion that it would be in Santa Cruz. San Luis Obispo was also on the table.  Apparently, Lake Tahoe won.  I admit I looked at the course and the profile maps and there was this tiny little "Hmm...." going on in my head.  It's hilly, but not like St. George.  However, the elevation/altitude sickness is definitely going to be a factor in this race.  

Registration opens on Monday.  They are predicting it will sell out quickly.  I believe Tahoe, during the summer, might just might be one of the most beautiful places in the country (where else can you sit on a beach, look at the water, and be surrounded by snow-capped mountains?).  But I won't be registering.  There was a tiny little pull there... until I remembered how much I enjoy my weekends.  

1 comment:

  1. Good call. It is beautiful but I can't imagine trying to race at 6000 ft. Maybe if all your training was at 10000...

    ReplyDelete