Monday, June 11, 2012

Dancing With Myself

Oh how I love spin workouts.  They are efficient.  They are effective.  They are convenient.  Granted, long rides outside are necessary for bike handling skills, mental toughness, etc.  But the other reason I love spin workouts is I get to listen to music.  No music when swimming.  No music when riding.  And, I'm 50/50 on music when running (simply because no earphones are allowed in races).  


I'll be the first to admit that I dance when I'm by myself.  I used to scare Mr. Phoebe with my dancing.  Now Braveheart has to deal with it.  Nick and I usually spin together, but tonight I was on my own.  Naturally, I was dancing with myself during rest intervals and the cool down.  I finally looked at my heart rate and laughed because it was in Zone 4.  Apparently, my awesome dance moves on the bike get me just as worked up as Dr. Tabata.


Billy Idol's Dancing With Myself has been one of my "pre-race" songs for the past year.  Now you know why.
On a completely unrelated note, my little brother's dance crew won the finals at a battle competition in San Francisco yesterday.  I really have no idea how he moves like that.  It's a 28 minute video, but he kills it around 19:40 and 24:30.  I tried to just insert the last 10 minutes, but YouTube is not cooperating today.  Sorry!










No comments:

Post a Comment