Thursday, February 24, 2011

Challenges of a Road Warrior

Consultants are Road Warriors.  We typically spend 80% of the month in hotels.  I'm fortunate that my current project is more like 60%.  Each week that I'm on the road, I have high hopes for getting all my weekday workouts completed.  However, reality dictates I get one in and maybe two, if I'm lucky. Last night, it was a miracle when a group of us left the building at 5:58pm.  In fact, since October, the only days I ever get to leave before 6pm is when I'm catching a flight home.  My coworker asked what my plans were for the evening and I mentioned I was planning to work out, which I did.  

So today I'm researching some issues in our Production system and this error pops up on my screen, which briefly pisses me off until I read the message:  

  
As crazy as this project is and as annoying it is they schedule meetings at 7am, through lunch and until 7pm, I truly like the people, which makes a world of difference.  And, when some of us end up staying at the same hotel, I sometimes even get a workout partner.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! SAP never talked to me this way when I was still in it...

    ReplyDelete