Friday, February 4, 2011

RIP Night Owl

I'm a night owl.  Always have been.  I get super productive late at night, both with stuff around the house and with work.  Babies get cranky because they don't want to go to bed.  They think they are going to miss out on something.  I am the same way.  Even if I'm sitting at home by myself, and I'm tired, I still won't go to bed.  I liken it to the same behavior as a toddler.  However, I have yet to figure out what I could possibly be missing out on other than some well needed sleep.  


This training business is tough on us night owls.  Sleeping in can only happen if our schedule calls for an "On Your Own" workout.  However, all that really means is that it is not a coached workout and several people will take the ownership of coordinating local workouts.  Of course, that just means we start at 8:30am instead of 8am.  Whoopdee-doo for thirty extra minutes.  


Last night I passed out at 9:30pm.  Tonight (a Friday night no less) I'm pretty sure I'll be in bed by 10 (and, no, even with going to bed early I'm still cranky in the morning).  Goodbye, Night Owl.  I'll miss you.   

2 comments:

  1. I'll be back after the competition - promise


    {0,0}
    |)__)
    -”-”-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I still struggle with that. I just have such hard time falling asleep. Any tips? Or are you just passing out? Maybe I need to work out a few more hours every day.

    ReplyDelete