Monday, February 28, 2011

Pigs Can Fly

This past weekend, Nick's sister graduated from college in Santa Barbara.  It was an "On Your Own" workout weekend.  Saturday was a 10 mile run or 100 minutes (whichever comes first), which in my case will always be be the time as I am very very far off from ever being able to run a 10 minute mile!  I got to sleep in and take my time and it was an absolutely gorgeous day in Santa Barbara (after it had been pouring and very cold the day before).  When I got dressed to go running, Nick says, "You're going?  If it was 8, I'd go, but it's 9:30.  That's too late."  That comment made no sense to Miss Night Owl so I just said ok and I went running anyway (Pigs Can Fly #1.  Note: the pigs are flying not because I did my workout on my own, which I have done before, but because it was so easy for me to just say ok and not be influenced by someone who is sometimes referred to as  "Lazy Butt".  However, in his defense, how can someone who has completed 2 IMs possibly be lazy?).  


Anyway, after about 25 minutes in to the run, I realized I didn't have any music.  Since we can't use headphones during the event, we don't train with music (although one of the coaches has recommended to me some specific music to train with that I have yet to download, in order to help get my cadence up).  But, Pigs Can Fly #2 not because I was running without music, but because I didn't even think about running with music and then make the choice not to use it.  I never thought I'd see that day.     

No comments:

Post a Comment