Friday, March 4, 2011

Big Girl Bike

A couple weeks ago I finally got my Big Girl bike.  I took me forever to get a bike because every weekend we have training, and I just never had the energy to get to the bike store before the store closed.  And my work schedule was limiting me on the weekdays.  So on a recent Sunday, we finally made it to the bike store and I test rode a smaller bike than I have today.  It felt so much better!  Even though my height puts me in a 48, my arms put me just a tad too short to rest comfortably on the hood.  So I had them order me the bike I wanted in the smaller size.  Once that bike came in, it was time for more test riding.  It felt good, but the sales guy really thought I needed to be back in a 48.  Fortunately, I had the foresight enough to bring my current bike and shoes to the store with me so we did all kinds of measurements between all three bikes, took the pedals off my bike, and put them on the test bikes, and then spent the better of 2 hours hopping on an off the trainer between a 48 and a 44 doing all sorts of adjustments.  In the end, I went with the smaller bike.   And, it’s so dang cute!  


No comments:

Post a Comment