Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ooh La La

<editors note:  feel free to barf a little>


Dating someone who is also training for IM creates a new twist on romance. Late night date nights?  But, we have to be in bed by 10pm if we want 7 hours sleep!  Vacation?  I've already found a place for an OW swim and he wants to hit up the Energy Lab and Ali'i Drive.  For Christmas, he got me a bike trainer.  For his birthday, one of his gifts was a Park Tool stand.  His Valentine's Day gift had a Specialized logo.  After a week away, I wasn't welcomed home with flowers.  Instead he surprised me with a new Bento box!  He cleans my bike.  He rinses my wetsuit.  Last week, I drove us to the pool and I'm pretty sure that's the first workout where I've actually driven him!  If he's lucky, I'll end up washing all 9 of the water bottles from a single day's workout or do his laundry.  And the cherry on top?  Last week, he said to me, "I think Sedonia should stay with us for Ironman."  I asked why.  He responded, "Because you're going to be a basketcase and I'm not going to be able to help you.  I'm going to be focused on the race.  She can be the one to calm you down."  So even when he knows he can't be there for me, he's already figured that out and found a new sherpa for me.  Is that enamoring, or what?

2 comments: