Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thankful Thursdays

Part of my reason why I wanted to start writing Thankful Thursdays is I was hoping an "attitude of gratitude" would change my outlook.  My client is sucking my happy quotient away and remembering the little things to be grateful for is a way to remind me that life is good and that 'this too shall pass.' I skipped a week and realize that defeats the purpose of my objective.  I'll have to remind myself not to do that again, so long as I am on this project!

Fri - I got to meet my cousin's daughter, take the train to Manhattan, and got a two mile walk in to/from the infamous Shake Shack.  The reputation precedes the quality, but it was good anyway. 

Sat - A beautiful day in the NYC, a long walk to Chelsea Market and along Highline Tower, randomly getting to meet another cousin for the afternoon, a delicious Vietnamese dinner in Brooklyn, and trying "cereal yogurt" from Momofuku's Milk Bar.  My first words of "Oh that's really weird" seem to be a fairly common theme for any first-time triers of cereal flavored frozen yogurt. 

Sun - Took the train back to my cousin's house and got to see my other cousin (her sister). That makes 3 cousins in 3 days! 

Mon - The Voice

Tues - fresh baked bread

Wed - First non-cafeteria lunch in 5 weeks

Thur - Good travel karma - the 70 mile drive to JFK took an hour less than normal, an emergency exit row all to myself (whoa!), and landed 40 minutes early!  I suppose it made up for having a middle seat with armrest hoggers on both sides on my flight out the week before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment