Thursday, July 4, 2013

Thankful Thursdays

Fri - Woke up in beautiful Sunriver, OR.  Great place.  Highly recommend a visit!

Sat - Pacific Crest Festival - what a great event!  There are 2 bike tours, a 5K, 10k, kids run, marathon, half marathon, Olympic distance tri, half distance tri, and a duathlon all on the same weekend.  I was originally supposed to be racing the Olympic tri as my race for this year, but since I can't ride a bike for another 6 months or so, I had to drop.

Sun - I can still walk 3 miles!  Signed up for the Pacific Crest 5K with my sis, who drove down from Portland.  It was not hard, but I had a hard time keeping up with this other very pregnant lady I saw.  I think she was a runner.  I walked as fast as I could the entire time and it still took me 18 minutes to walk each mile.  I'm blaming the elevation!  I tried to run a little, but it was so much pressure on my bladder I thought I would pee my pants.  Coincidentally a camera crew caught me one of the few times I was jogging.
http://www.ktvz.com/news/sunriver-races-draws-elite-athletes-tiny-tots/-/413192/20780756/-/aa7244z/-/index.html

The funny thing was that when I crossed the finish line I got a giant medal.  For a 5K!  I'm not a bling junkie like a lot of half marathoners and triathletes are.  But I laughed when I realized Nick and I would have the same medal and tech tee at the end of the day.  He was racing his butt off  in 95 degree whether while I went for a walk.  Oh the irony...

Mon - Floating down the Deschutes River

Tues - Arm coolers

Wed - Staycations aren't so bad

Thur - America's Independence

No comments:

Post a Comment