Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Torture Chamber

It is highly recommended to get frequent massages and visit the chiropractor while training. I haven't really given much thought to the chiropractor yet, but I did start getting monthly massages.  My cousin is actually my massage therapist, which probably motivates me more to go than if I went to a stranger.  Why would someone possibly need motivation to get a massage?  


Because it's literally 60 to 90 minutes of torture!  Every time I leave from a massage session, it feels the same as being scolded by the dentist that I didn't floss enough.  


I would guess at least half of my issues are associated from bad posture at work, from being a desk jockey, and from carrying a 25 lb backpack (yes, I weighed it out of curiosity at the airport recently).  But, I know the entire lower body pain is from training.  I stretch and I roll, but it's not enough.  I need to be rolling at least 20 minutes a day, in addition to the workouts, in addition to the core, in addition to work, in addition to life... *sigh*   And, while stretching doesn't physically hurt (very thankful for those years of ballet), I sound like a whimpering puppy when working my IT band.  

No comments:

Post a Comment