Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursdays

Oopsie....I didn't realize yesterday was Thursday!

Fri - a walk to a great restaurant nearby for dinner

Sat - First bike ride of the year to write home about.  OK, so maybe it wasn't enough to write home about, but it was a nice 2 hour ride and I felt good.  Also, the scenery is amazing this time of year.  Between the green hills and the mustards blooming, it's beautiful out.

Sun - Being comfortable in the water.  As I've mentioned before, I am a fairly slow swimmer (which really sucks because I could go much faster if I would learn to turn my head without sinking my hips, but I still haven't figured it out yet).  Anyway, every time we have a swim workout, I am just grateful that I took up swimming on a whim to have "something to do after school" with my friends.  Our high school was notoriously awful at swimming.  A group of us started swimming together and then were encouraged to swim year-round at Santa Clara Swim Club after the season was over.  Watching very athletic people not be able to swim more than 50 yards at a time makes me extremely grateful I was looking for "something to do after school" when I was 14.

Mon - Productivity - I ended up logging 19 hours of work today.  And, it was all productive. So while it was a long day, it was worth it.

Tues - Flexibility - because I worked 19 hours the day before, my Tuesday was shot.  I was thankful to be at home, sleep late, start work late, and finish early.  I pretty much evened out the days.

Wed - Coach Dave's Carne Asada recipe - it's delicious and amazing and I now have lunch for several days.

Thur - Bravey - He's a typical cat (maybe even nicer than most cats).  But today, he just loved me, cuddled me, hugged me (yep with both arms around the neck), and licked my arms (I wish he wouldn't do that), for several hours.

1 comment: