Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thankful Thursdays

Fri - Costco salmon - 8 or 9 years ago my best high school friend grilled me some salmon that was marinated in lemon, brown sugar, and soy sauce.  This has been my favorite way to grill salmon ever since.  

Sat - I still can't get over how GREEN it is in the East Bay right now.  I cherish this time of year because it will be gone in a month or two.  My grandma used to say that California is called the Golden State because our hills are gold (brown) most of the year.

Photos courtesy of Jennifer Jay


She can take action shots (me drinking water) while riding her own bike!

Sun - In-N-Out - We had or first open water swim at Aquatic Park that morning and they planned to head to In-N-Out after the workout.  Unfortunately, I was sick so I stayed home.  I was most bummed about missing In-N-Out (priorities?), but Nick brought it back for me on his way home!

Mon - Kaiser - When I was a kid, that place was associated with mediocre care, so I never went there.  But when I returned to the Bay Area as an adult, I really appreciated their marketing efforts, the Thrive campaign, and the technological advancements they were making.  I was jealous that my company didn't offer them as an insurance option.  Once I got married, I switched to Nick's insurance so now I can use them.  I pay more per month than I did before.  But I also take better care of myself now that I am no longer nickeled and dimed every time I go to the doctor.  No charge for a checkup, no charge for women's health exam, no charge for the dermatologist (this fair-skinned girl mandates a dermatologist), no charge for bloodwork, and no charge for travel shots (I was appalled when I had to pay $300 for immunizations before I went to Argentina and Mason and Nick paid $0). It's definitely not a perfect system, but it beats the plan I was on before.

Tues - Bacon - It makes everything better, right?  I cooked a bunch last week to store in the fridge and it's been nice to throw it in different foods all week.  Kale and brussel sprouts taste twenty times better with a few bacon bits in them. 

Wed - Downton Abbey.  Ready to start Season 3.

Thur - Proximity to the car dealership - I used to have to drive 20 miles to get my car serviced.  Now it's only 3 miles away!

No comments:

Post a Comment