Saturday, March 9, 2013

What To Wear? What To Wear?

Like most women, I struggle with making decisions on what to wear no matter what the occasion, including bike rides.  This time of year when it's not too cold and not too hot the choice is even harder.  Because making the wrong decision can make for a very uncomfortable 2-3 hours.  When hot, when it's freezing, and when it's raining, I know exactly what to wear.  But when it's chilly and trending toward being very pleasant out, my morning goes a little something like this:

Do I need a base layer?  Hmmm....short sleeve or long sleeve jersey?  Is it time for arm warmers yet?  Should I wear a vest or windbreaker?  Do I need a jacket?  Full-fingered or short-fingered gloves?  I wonder if I should wear the wool socks today?  Where are those dang shoe booties?  What kind of headband do I need?

As for the bottoms, supposedly your knees are supposed to be covered until it's over 68 out or something like that, so at least I don't need to decide between shorts and pants.

Today I ended up with a base layer, long-sleeve jersey, vest, and full gloves.  It was warmer out than I anticipated so peeled off the vest after 7 miles.  But, for me, it's always so much better to be too hot than to be cold!



No comments:

Post a Comment