Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursdays

I'm starting to notice that I have a hard time finding things to be thankful about while working in Connecticut. It's unfortunate as I have never been in this situation.  But I really do not like this engagement at all.  The project is going to be challenging, but a repeat of a project I did previously, so I will be extremely frustrated and yet I won't be learning anything since I basically already spent 1.5 years doing this same project for another client.  Nobody smiles at this company.  The difference between this project and the one that was just like it was our project team had fun together both in and outside of work.  Lastly, the travel is a bear - 12 hours door to door each way.  The other project was in Los Angeles.   I spend an entire day of the week getting to/from the airport or in an airplane.  Despite having a direct flight, it's still 71 miles from JFK.  A terrible airport to drive into during rush hour.  I've never had to leave for the airport 4 hours in advance!!!

Fri - Getting errands crossed off my list that have been there for months.  

Sat - Supporting my team on their first ride up Mount Diablo.  I still haven't tackled this summit.  2014 bucket list?

Sun - Jet Blue entertainment makes a flight go by much faster.  And, having the bulk head means getting to get a lot of work done without someone leaning back on me.

Mon - A new laptop!  It's paper thin, super light, and has SSD.  I don't know when I will have time to set it all up and transfer all my files.  But I can't wait to start traveling with it over my bulky one I have right now.

Tue - Orange juice

Wed - Understanding my boundaries.  It was a really hard day at work.  And, when the other consultants went to dinner, I was completely comfortable with being anti-social and not joining them.  I knew that if I went with them, then we would talk about how bad the day was and most likely I would get bothered by it all over again.  

Thur - Google Maps 

No comments:

Post a Comment