Friday, September 23, 2011

Lost: Confidence

I'm feeling pretty crappy about my training right now.  Officially less than two months to go!  Oh.  Emmm.  Geee.  Before Vineman, I was getting "wins" almost every weekend that visibly showed my improvement.  Each week would be a new milestone of some sort.  However, these past few weeks have not been going as planned (insert cliches here about it's all about rolling with punches and what the day gives you and sometimes you have to go to Plan B, C, D, etc.).  My ride in the butt-hot weather with all the climbing, swimmer's itch twice in four weeks, my "angry" Mt. Diablo run, my lost ride last weekend due to being unable to walk from that run, topped off with a couple of sessions of deep water running (where I feel like I did nothing for an hour and can barely get my heart rate above 120) have stolen my confidence.  Most of the time there is a direct correlation between my attitude before the workout and how my day pans out.  In all honesty, I have been in good spirits.  But, for whatever reason, the training days are just beating me up mentally and sometimes physically, too.  A very big day training day tomorrow.  And, very much in need of a "win"....

No comments:

Post a Comment