Monday, October 24, 2011

It's the Blob!

I like to take my bike food out of the original packaging and put them in a baggie in my Bento.  1) I can maintain my cadence if I'm not fiddling around trying to open a package; and 2) I can mix it up so I have variety instead of overdosing on pomegranate something or other flavor.  


One of my teammates told me she cuts up her Power Bar and puts the pieces in her bag with all her other goodies.  I thought that was a great idea since I either tear too much or don't tear enough and struggle to keep my bike pocket protected from the half-eaten bar.  So the other night I cut mine into bite size pieces and threw it in a baggie with the other stuff.  


Apparently, her Power Bar is not the Berry Smoothie flavor.  In less than two hours on the bike, it turned into a gooey gobby mess and swallowed the gels right up, permanently cementing them in a berry asphalt.



1 comment:

  1. Haha, that is pretty funny! I do the same thing - I re-package all of my food but it's in separate bags so the mush is uniform LOL It definitely helps to not have to open packages!

    ReplyDelete