Friday, October 28, 2011

That Running Thing

"Oh, hey, when is your running thing?"


"Did you do your marathon yet?  When is that coming up?"


"Aren't you doing a triathlon or something like that?"


I can't tell you when I first learned what an Ironman was, but I know I've known about it and what it was since my ASU days.  I paid no attention to it and didn't have a clue about the sport.  But I knew it was a really long swim, something around 100 miles on the bike, and then a marathon.   


Since my motivations for this are more of a mental undertaking rather than physical, I don't bother to correct the person that made small talk with me in the elevator or the hallway.  However, this video sums it up very well.  Plus, it features some age-groupers and not just the pros.


No comments:

Post a Comment