Thursday, October 20, 2011

One Month Countdown

It's October 20.  Officially one month away!  Bid numbers are out and I'm #345. Seeing the list was a dose of reality.  But, I like that the girls got the low numbers this year.  I admit that I'm started to get excited even though I wish there was more time to prepare.  I'm ready to be done.  Training for over 12 months is much too long.  But, then again, training for Ironman without a base isn't exactly the best idea either, which is why I chose a 12 month plan.  I suppose you can always wish for more time whether you are taking an exam, or having a baby, or implementing a big project at work, or hosting some grand gala.....Anything you spend hours and hours preparing for....


Since we are only one month out, it was time to finally sit down and put together my pre-race list.  While I can't have music during the race, I can at least get myself calm and relaxed and excited listening to music beforehand -- setting up transition and waiting in that very long port-o-potty line with 2800 other people all needing to take nervous poops.


I thought I would share the one song on my playlist that I bet a good 500 other people will have on theirs come Nov 20...



No comments:

Post a Comment