Wednesday, May 18, 2011

3/4 Weekend

I've been focused on so many things lately, that I haven't been able to think about the idea that our 3/4 Training Weekend is only two days away.  This weekend, we will be training at Clear Lake with a 2 mile swim and 106 mile bike ride on Saturday, and a 3 hour run on Sunday.  Unlike our Halfway Training Weekend, I am somewhat looking forward to this weekend.  Saturday will be a really good barometer for me on how Aquabike will go.   The only thing I am worried about is my newfound seasickness.  Clear Lake is choppy, and I am going to need to get my hands on some Dramamine if I don't want my teammates swimming through my breakfast. And, as far as the run goes on Sunday, I don't *need* to run 16 miles yet for a November event so I don't have this undue pressure on myself.  My goal is to get 10 miles under my belt (although anything more than 7.3 will be a small victory).  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment