Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ahhh....Recovery

As our coach reminds us every single week in an email, "More is NOT better! Your body needs time to recover and heal."  Recovery Week has finally arrived  after three super intense weeks of training.  Not only is it Recovery Week, I also did not have to travel this week.  Double bonus!  My mind and my body are both recouping and rejuvenating.  Yay!


My foot was definitely bothering me this past Monday morning, after Sunday's long run, but the pain went away after two hours.  And, with the exception of my left hip flexor, the rest of me was a-ok (more proof that the dip in the lake after the workouts last weekend really do aid in recovery)!  


I was so not ready to get back on my bike after Saturday's ride, so I compromised by going to spin class at the gym.  Dennis kicked my ass with a lot of intervals.  But, it felt good even though he told me he could tell I wasn't fully recovered yet.  On Tuesday, I was wondering when I would be ready to get back on my bike.  But, considering I spent time playing on the Internet today mapping routes for this weekend's short ride with friends, I guess four days is the answer. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment