Monday, June 27, 2011

Coeur d'Alene Excitement

Yesterday, I was glued to my phone all day getting Facebook and Ironman Live updates on my friends racing in IMCdA.  I remember last year thinking how Nick would be out training for hours and I could easily waste away those hours catching up on my DVR, doing laundry, lunching with a friend, etc.  I used to marvel at the concept that he just went out and rode 80 miles while I spent 50 minutes on a spin bike and tooted around the house all day. Sometimes I think about that when I'm out riding -- how now I'm spending 6-8 hours on a bike while my friends and family are doing their thing on the weekends.  So yesterday I thought it was ironic that I was out prancing around at PRIDE in San Francisco while my friends were tearing up that course (they all kicked ass!).  Although I am an extremely emotional person, admittedly, I don't get feelings of being proud of others (or myself) very often.  But yesterday, I felt like I was bursting and beaming with pride and inspiration and awe at how amazing these people did out there.  


One of the guys we "picked up" in our swim at Shadow Cliffs last Tuesday placed 2nd in his AG and 5th overall for the Age Groupers.  He finished in 9:26!  I feel like I just swam with a celebrity because I am in awe at such greatness. And, my cheery, bouncy, rock star, hard core, bubbly swim coach/friend/the other pea in the pod, Sedonia, completed her 4th IM and finished in 12:37!  Our run coach, Carolyn, placed 10th in her AG at 11:26.  I won't bore you with all the stats, but everyone did great.  Even those that had a hard day, STILL did great in my book.  Because they persevered and they pushed through it and they crossed the finish line!  I only hope I can make them as proud in November as they made me yesterday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment