Saturday, June 11, 2011

Feels Like 8 Months Ago

My team is out riding 100 miles and climbing 8000ft today.  It is a workout that I was just NOT looking forward to.  A former coach took every possible hill in the East Bay and put it all together to create an informal century ride.  This ride is in the calendar for mental toughness reasons because at this point, we all know we are physically capable of 100 miles.  However, as luck would have it, the Silicon Valley International Tri is this weekend.  So, I granted myself a guilt-free hall pass.  I cannot ride 100 miles today if I expect to race tomorrow.  Instead of crying on those hills, I rocked out to great music in spin class (I haven't taken a Saturday spin class since probably Christmas break), did a short 10 min jog to loosen my legs, and then got in some good stretching.  So now it's 11am, my workout is done, Nick is out riding with the team, and I have the whole day to myself to play (just like 8 months ago)!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to stay off my feet - it's not easy with all the pre-race prep that there is to do!!! Good luck tomorrow and maybe I'll see you out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took spin on Thursday for the first time in ages?

    ReplyDelete