Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sunday Funday

On Sunday, we rode the Silverado Trail up in Napa again.  We will be riding this road a couple more times these next two months since it the closest thing we have that mirrors IMAZ conditions.  It was our first "unofficial" team workout (now that the season is done) and we had a pretty good turnout.  The turnout was most likely boosted because Sedonia, who lives in Napa, hosted a party so we could track our friends that were racing IM Canada and IM Louisville after our ride.  It was also supposed to be a "sign-making" party to remake my signs that that were lost at Vineman (I'll post about that later since I'm still crying about it).
The cooks -- Maria, Margaret, and Sedonia
Needless to say, we didn't make any signs.  But we did make a board to track our friends.  I posted a pic of the board on Facebook thinking about how dorky we were.  However, I got a few comments and emails from other teammates that didn't have access to Ironmanlive.com so they encouraged more updates via the picture.  


And, we didn't really make any signs because the sign-making portion of the party was really disguised as a surprise birthday party for me!  Sedonia made me wear a hat that I'm pretty sure once belonged to a garden gnome.  

And, she even made me a homemade ice cream mint chocolate chip cake! 

I continued to track my friends after I got home.  At one point, we were waiting on Eddie to come in.  Grace posted a status update that just said, "Ed-die, Ed-die, Ed-die, you can do this" and within minutes a bunch of  us were updating her status saying we were there and pulling for him to come in, too.  About 10 minutes later, my heart got all warm and fuzzy when Phil posted that Eddie was running down the chute on ironmanlive.com.  All our runners were in.  The team support is amazing, even when we can't be there in person.  I can't wait to have the virtual support from my team come November (not to mention all the other beautiful people that will be there in person to help me finish this journey)!

No comments:

Post a Comment