Sunday, July 24, 2011

Getting Ready

Less than one week to go!  I just returned from a trip to Target to stock up on a few things I need for my Special Needs bags (ok, so it was really yummy salt and sugar items, and pain reliever aids just in case I need them).  Now I'm staring at the piles of bags in my living room and willing myself to get up and start organizing all my gear.  

Yesterday, we swam the Vineman swim course again (I really hate that drive, but I feel fortunate to be familiar enough with the course, as that is generally not a luxury for races of this distance).  We just did one loop of the swim and then spent a few hours going over logistics, some ideas for transition, and getting silly team awards (I won the Sweet Pea award since I rode a bike on the trails of Shadow Cliffs in a pea costume a few months ago).  We also have a silly spirit cape that we pass around and whoever gets it, has to decorate it with something.  People have done some pretty funny things to the cape, but Grace had the best yesterday by putting a honey badger on it.  One of these days I will write a blog about the honey badger.

Anyway, the point of this blog entry is that I am getting excited.  I can't believe I am admitting that.  Last night I busted out my Cricut and started making signs for next weekend (if only my triathlon skills were as good as my sign-making skills, then I might not have to worry about cutoff times).  Today's workout was the Triple Brick for the IMC people (ours was just a short run).  So I went to the water stop to show support for my teammates that were having their 9 hour workout and hung out there for a few hours and made more signs that we are going to place all up Chalk Hill next weekend.  I did a short bike ride, a short run, and then headed to Target.  And, I learned that doing something as simple as buying some snack-size Pringles and peanut butter pretzels got me amped up for next Saturday.  I know I will be uncomfortable.  And, most likely in pain in various parts of the course.  But if my mind is in the same spot next weekend as it is in now, then I hope I will be smiling for most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment