Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Surrendering to the Chiro

There is good pain and there is bad pain and lately my left hip flexor has been telling me it is in bad pain.  It has a habit of yelling at me for about four days every week.  The pain goes away by Thursday and then the hip flexor starts yelling again after a long training day.  The fact that it is only on my left side and because it does not slowly subside as each day progresses, probably means it is time for me to give in and finally see a chiropractor.  I have never been to one before.  I'm not against chiropractors, but I guess I just wasn't sure if I needed one.  Secondly, I have issues giving up control and I don't know how to relax, in order to let a chiropractor do his/her job.  Third, I'm both lazy and overwhelmed at the thought of adding something else to the schedule -- having to find someone, make appointments, drive to/from the sessions, etc.  Between working, traveling, training, physical therapy for my feet (which I actually talked to about the hip and they gave me some exercises, but it doesn't seem to be working), the monthly massage, plus general life stuff, it's just another thing to mix in.  But, I know firsthand that resistance equals persistence.  It's time for me to surrender.  

1 comment:

  1. If you find a chiro that does ART, it'll really help. I had a hint of shin splints as i built for IM AZ the first time and he totally fixed me up wile still keeping me training. I've been seeing him a bit this year for tight calves. Good to get something established now as you may need more in the fall!

    ReplyDelete