Monday, July 18, 2011

Kind of a Big Deal

I'm struggling a little bit with the idea that my family most likely will not be coming out to Vineman.  Perhaps I downplayed the importance of next weekend.  Or maybe I didn't communicate very well.  Maybe they don't think spectating is fun (I find it quite enjoyable despite being a long day, but I understand others might wonder what you do all day -- note: it's wine country).  And, while I am only officially participating in the Full Aquabike (and then unofficially going for a run), it's still at least 123 miles (87% of a full Ironman).  That's no walk in the park.  Of course, Nick, the coaches, and the team will be there to cheer me on (and I know I will have LOTS of support in Arizona from friends, family, and the team), but I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that my family won't be there next Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, that's too bad. But it's good that they'll be there for AZ! My family didn't really come to any of my races before AZ, even when I did SVIT and the run turnaround is 2 blocks from their house! I'll be out there cheering next week though so be sure to say hi and I'll try to look for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay another fellow IM arizona gal!

    ReplyDelete