Friday, July 22, 2011

Vision Board: Check

A few days before I registered for IMAZ, I knew that I would need to create a vision board as one of the tools to help me get there.  I've been training for 8 months and I still hadn't completed it yet.  I had already spent hours looking for the right stuff, tearing and cutting things that caught my eye, and had stacks of magazines on my coffee table that were waiting to be reviewed.  But, just like with many other items in the house, those magazines just sat there patiently waiting for my attention.  However, yesterday was July 20.  What is the significance of that (besides being one of my best friend's birthday)?  IMAZ is officially only 4 months away!  

Get stronger
Love your ass
Quick cadence
Enjoy the ride

The night owl in me resurfaced and I stayed up very late finishing a project that was long overdue.  Yay!

Find your magic
Faster than you think
Committed
The impossible gets closer every day

What is a vision board?  Supposedly it helps with the Law of Attraction.  Some may find that babble-business a load of crap.  Others swear by it.  Do I believe that just by putting a bunch of words and pictures on a board that I can do anything or be anything I want?  No.  But, I do believe that it serves as a reminder because the visual representation of what I desire brings things to the forefront of my mind.  

Beat the clock
You got it
Smile
Unforgettable

I made a vision board several years ago over some personal goals.  When I look at it today, I would say about 75% of the board has since come true.  Was it magic?  No.  It was just a reminder of the things I wanted to work on, achieve, and do.  And, when something is staring at you in the face all the time, it puts you in motion.  

Outrun your limitations
Make a statement
Confident
Find your willpower

My honoree, Marilyn, is actually the person that introduced me to vision boards.  She was an artist.  Hers were beautiful.  After her funeral, I noticed she had made a new one regarding her diagnosis.  It was powerful and emotional.  And, it illustrated, once again, what a special person she was.

Inspire
Fight, Love, Live (one of my mantras)
Because you deserve it (another mantra)
I a"m" Sun Devil

No comments:

Post a Comment