Sunday, November 6, 2011

All Things Honey Badger

My cousin posted a status update on Facebook recently about building his entire lesson plan around the crazy nastyass honey badger.  It reminded me that I had a half-written blog on the honey badger sitting in my drafts.

This is just a little silly post to pay tribute to "Randall" and the phenomenon he created this year.

If you are unfamiliar with the honey badger, back in January/February timeframe, this video went viral on Youtube.  


The girls on my team loved the honey badger.  We all became honey badgers.  "It's pretty badass."  "The honey badger is crazy."  "It really doesn't give a shit."  "Honey badger don't care."  

Jasmine, President of the Vagina Only Peloton, was the queen honey badger.  This was her sign.




Grace's contribution to the spirit cape was the honey badger.  She strategically placed it on the inside of the cape because you really have to dig deep to bring out the honey badger.




And this sign, strategically placed at mile 100 on Chalk Hill, forced me to smile on the Vineman course.  

There were a lot of Honey Badger signs and t-shirts at the Ironman races this summer.  I even saw some cute Honey Badger Halloween costumes.  And, shortly before Ironman Couer d'Alene, Sarah, posted a video her friend made that took Ironman stock video and narrated like the honey badger video almost verbatim.  

2 comments:

  1. Love it! We have to meet up in Tempe! My family will be the ones wearing the blue tie-dyed Honey Badger shirts. :-)
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Your blog won't let me post using my google ID. I must be doing something wrong. My email so we can get in touch - sarahdbryant@gmail.com
    P.P.S. We're ALMOST there!!!

    ReplyDelete