Friday, November 4, 2011

Gettin' Lacey Wit It

I never thought something as silly as a shoelace would give me a headache.  


Last year, I started using flexible laces so I didn't have to tie my shoes anymore.  During my "angry  run" in September, those laces actually gave me a blister on the tops of each of my feet.  I tried to switch to a different kind that actually reverse down the shoe instead of up.  I wasted two hours one Friday night (yeah, that's how I spend them these days) pulling laces in and out of three different pairs of shoes and still couldn't get the right fit. Defeated, I put the regular laces back in and went to bed.




Coach Dave recommended I just stick to the regular laces because the flexible ones can be hard on your feet during a marathon and I already have enough foot issues. I guess this means I need to find an extra 30 seconds on the bike or run to make up for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment