Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Bag Lady

I'm a bag lady.  I keep reusable bags in the car.  I carry guilt when I forget to bring a bag in to the store.  I even have special re-usable bags for all my fruits and vegetables (that thin little produce bag is the most thrown-away bag in America).  And, when I do get a bag, I keep it, and use it over and over again, until it can't be used anymore.  If I get a bag while I'm on the road, I even bring it home with me in my suitcase so that I don't have to throw it away!  It's a sickness.  


However, when it comes to training, I use those snack-size ziploc baggies for everything!  And, subsequently find them stashed away in various places every week.  Over the course of two weeks, I decided to capture my eco-sin via camera. 


Repackaged gels for the bike.

Salt pills pushed to the bottom of the pocket in my run bottle.  I took them out of the flask since I didn't have much room.  Pretty sure these have been here for several several weeks....



Clean Kleenex for the bike pocket...because I still refuse to do snot rockets despite everyone telling me to get over it.

I think this baggie had my cell phone in it.  Not sure how it ended up in the girlie bag (at least I reuse the cell phone bag).

Random gooey stuff in pocket

Leftover gels in the tri bag

This is what happens when I forget to clean out my bento after a long ride -- TWO nearly empty bags of Chomps.  


Perhaps my obsession with reusing bags is to make up for how many I waste riding a bike.



No comments:

Post a Comment