Sunday, November 6, 2011

I Could Get Used To This

My first week of tapering is complete.  On Monday, when I logged in to Training Peaks, I practically jumped out of my chair when I saw only 5 hours of training on the calendar for the whole week.  I can't wait to get used to this.  The start of taper is a blessing in disguise because work has been so demanding lately.  With my project about to implement next Sunday, it means 7 day work weeks.  As I was sitting in a 4 hour conference call on a Saturday morning, all I could think about was how grateful I was that I only had a 80 minute bike ride on the calendar.

Today was supposed to be a 45 minute run, but Phil and I decided to go for a 45 minute OW swim before our run.  He wanted to test out his new wetsuit and I needed to test new undergarments, under my tri-top, with the wetsuit (which was a major fail by the way and am super glad I tried it out beforehand).

And now, it's late Sunday afternoon, and I'm halfway participating in a conference call with work, while my mind is swirling about all the things I need to do to get organized for Arizona.  It's exciting.  It's stressful.  My mind is overflowing.  And, at this time in two weeks, I will be on my third loop on the bike course!


1 comment:

  1. Woohooo!!! It's coming up fast :) Thank goodness we still have time to organize!

    ReplyDelete