Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back In the Saddle

Hello, Work!  Hello, Airport/TSA/Rental Car!  And, Hello Training Peaks!  It's been a nice respite from all three of you.  I'm not sure which one I dreaded the most today.  

The nice thing about the first day back after a shutdown is that everyone else feels the same way you do.  The whole team was just trying to ease themselves back in to work mode today.  I shouldn't have been so surprised when people started packing up at 3:56pm and stated they were going home, or better yet, to happy hour.  

It was a beautiful 76 degrees outside and the sun was still shining.  I had a 45 minute run on the calendar and convinced a coworker to head to The Strand with me in Manhattan Beach.  Of course, Happy Tiki came along, too!  I haven't ran in 41 days.  It felt good.  I felt good.  And, I had an amazing sunset to watch the entire time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment