Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Tiki's First Ride

I'm not sure how I got so behind in my posts, but I guess there isn't much to catch up on anyway since I've been a slacker.


Last weekend the weather was gorgeous and I rode outside for the first time since Ironman.  Nick, Phil, Maria and I did a short 90 minute ride up Calaveras from the Sunol train station.  

I was happy to ride again, happy I felt good on the road, happy that I ran into Kristie and got to ride with her for most of it, and happy that I finally made it to the false summit without stopping!  What?!?!  You haven't ridden to the top without stopping?!?!  Correct.  There was a time where I physically wasn't capable of riding this route without stopping.  And, then when I knew I was capable and kept making it my goal for the day, I got a flat tire or sunscreen in my eyes or needed to take off a jacket or whatever other obstacle got in the way.  It turned in to a joke for me and was this silly carrot I was chasing.  


The best part was I didn't have to bring all this nutrition with me since it was only 18 miles.  Happy Tiki got to ride in the bento instead.


And, this past weekend finally brought the much needed and anticipated rain.  I can afford to be a fair-weather cyclist at the moment so I opted for the garage instead.  It was definitely one of the more challenging spin sessions I've done and will be telling my coach to give me more 30-30s.  


I can't make up for lost time over the past few weeks, but I do feel like I am starting to turn the corner finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment