Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gear Snob Alert

It never fails that I forget at least one thing when I travel.  Sometimes it's as simple as toothpaste or sunglasses or my iPod. When I forgot my tennis shoes, I resorted to a barefoot workout.  But this week it was my sports bra.  And, well, there really is no alternative without one.  Luckily, Dick's Sporting Goods is less than a mile from my office so I ran up there tonight after work to buy one.  I walked out of that store wondering when I became such a snob of workout apparel.  The entire store is Nike and Reebok.  I don't doubt that it's great for gym-goers and yogis.  Maybe the apparel can work for runners.  Shoes?  No way.  Sports bras?  Atrocious.  I bought one because beggars can't be choosers.  But, I left thinking about all the people that love stores like Dick's or Sports Authority and how much they don't know what they are missing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment