Monday, January 30, 2012

Splish Splash

I feel like I'm a child and getting all of my "firsts" documented.  Except that instead of it being a first smile or first step or first tooth, it's every first post-Ironman milestone.  It should be second nature.  It should not be noteworthy.  And, it definitely shouldn't be worth a blog entry.  However, unfortunately, it is.  This weekend, I finally got back in the water.  I can now say I have had my first run, my first ride on the road, and my first swim.  %It only took me 2 whole months!%

I met Maria at Cal High in San Ramon.  They have a great facility and the place was hopping.  The lanes were full and the diving team was practicing a bunch of drills.  It was good entertainment during rest intervals.  I know everyone says we *need* the rain, but I will gladly take advantage of these beautiful days. The dwindling Speedo tan lines made a re-appearance after 70 minutes in the water.  


Some people come off a race and jump right in again.  I know others that did not swim or get on their bike for over a year after their race.  I'm not sure what puts us in that camp.  I really don't understand how our brains and bodies fight something so inane. But they do.  And, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.  Hopefully now that all three of my "firsts" have been achieved, my brain will be a little more cooperative.

No comments:

Post a Comment