Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gonna Make You Sweat

Bikram yoga -- I finally tried it!  Hypothesis?  It sucked.  First off, I didn't know I was going to bikram today so I didn't have the proper attire.  I had my regular gym clothes and it was just too much clothing.  I walked in and thought, "Wow, it's really hot in here."  And, then I said to myself, "Duh!"


75 minutes of yoga in the heat did a number on me.  Yoga has always made me cry involuntarily.  My only guess is that it is all the toxins being released out of my body. I have had the same kind of cry for no reason on a really hard climb on my bike before. If I cry, I know it was an intense workout.  A lot of times I cry in savasana. Today, I was crying in child's pose after triangle.  Puh-lease!  With all of the training I have done over the past year, I can't say that I have ever needed to puke.  I almost did tonight.  


It wasn't fun.  I felt very inadequate.  My heart rate was racing and I really could not get it to calm down.  Even after I walked to my car, drove to the hotel, and got back to my room -- it was still revving.  But, I don't doubt that it shocked my body and it was a very good workout.  So I would do it again.  And, I would wear shorts and a tank top.  

1 comment:

  1. Bikram in gym clothes?! oh man :( But I'm glad you're going back!

    ReplyDelete